This site is meant to provide useful information about the sale of your home - in particular to help you make an informed decision about whether to sell your home without the services of a Realtor. Homes which are For Sale by Owner are also referred to as FSBO. However, since effectively all homes are for sale by owner, a new term has come about - For Sale by Unrepresented Seller FSBUS. There are several reason why a home owner would attempt to sale their home unrepresented. As you can probably guess, the number one reason is to avoid paying a commission.
What reasons are given for selling home unrepresented according to National Association of Realtors (NAR)?:
- Did not want to pay commission fee: 51%
- Sold it to a relative / friend / neighbor: 22%
- Buyers contacted seller directly: 12%
- Did not want to deal with an agent: 8%
- Agent was unable to sell home: 3%
- Seller has real estate license: 2%
- Could not find agent to handle transaction: 1%
- Other: 2%
According to the NAR:
- Home owners who use Realtors tend to sell their home for 16% more than those who attempt to sell unrepresented
- After deducting a negotiated commission, the home owner tends to come out ahead
- 90% of FSBOs eventually list with a Realtor
As a home seller in Arizona you have the benefit of representation by a licensed REALTOR® . A REALTOR® can save you time and money. A REALTOR® also is bound by a code of ethics, which establishes obligations that may be higher than those mandated by law. I urge you to take advantage of this.
Among the many ways an experienced and knowledgeable REALTOR® can assist you are:
- Promote your property through a variety of sources which costs you nothing unless your home sells.
- Coordinate pricing strategies through the use of comparative market analysis and understanding of current Green Valley market trends in order to determine true value – i.e. get you the best price possible.
- Coordinate and insure that the proper inspections and investigations are done and disclosures are made to protect your future interests.
- Prepare contracts that protect your interests and allow adequate time to insure a smooth transaction.
- Help you effectively negotiate with buyers and their agents.
- Prequalify prospective buyers
- Monitor the many details of escrow and communicate to you your responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in order to achieve a smooth and worry free closing.
Before making your final decision to sell your home unrepresented, please allow me to create a custom listing presentation where I can show you what unique services I offer. After our meeting you will know what I feel your house is worth based on similar comparable properties in your area including any new construction which could compete with the sale of your home. You will not underprice your home, and I hope that if you do eventually choose to list your home through a Realtor, you give me the opportunity work for you.
As a REALTOR®, I am pledged to protect and promote the interests of my clients. My personal objectives are to work within your timeframe to get you the house of your choice, at the best possible price, with the least amount of hassles. I can effectively provide all of the above services to you, as well as others, with energy and integrity to meet your needs.
I can be reached directly at 520-302-5397, via email at John@JohnBacker.com, or through my website at JohnBacker.com
I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.
- Realtor with the Technology Advantage